This training targets employees eligible for retirement in approximately 10-20 years. The training addresses topics covered in the early career session and adds additional relevant topics. Course length is 1 day but can be customized to be shorter or longer.
Upon completion of this training, participants will have useful information about:
– Why mid-career employees need to plan for retirement during the midpoint of their careers,
– Why developing a retirement plan at mid-career is important,
– The three keys to retirement for employees in this group: Social Security, FERS basic benefit plan, and Thrift Savings Plan,
– Thrift Savings Plan investment and withdrawal options,
– Ways to maximize TSP accounts,
-= Social security and its importance for FERS employees in particular,
– Annuity computations,
– Understanding the amount of money that will be needed at retirement: How much do you Need? Understanding that it is a very individualized approach. Developing goals and plans for a successful retirement,
– Financial planning considerations/strategies for mid-career employees – what employees should be focusing on today that will benefit them in retirement, e.g., the importance of portfolio diversification.