The purpose of this training is to provide Federal employees who are more than 20 years away from retirement and most likely new to the government with information that will help them develop and control their financial goals. The length of the training is 1/2 to 1 day or customized.
Upon completion of this training, participants will have gained useful information about:
– An introduction to the Federal Retirement System and Federal benefits in general,
– Thrift Savings Plan and other financial planning and investment strategies,
– Calculating estimated TSP retirement income based on projected years of service and TSP contributions using a GS-7 Step 1 as an example,
– Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS) details,
– Social Security benefits,
– Individual retirement accounts,
– Principles of compound interest and realistic examples,
– Other financial planning considerations and strategies,
– Survivor benefits, and
– Creditable military and civilian service deposit/redeposit issues.